St. Thomas Aquinas at UConn
St. Thomas Aquinas is located in the heart of the UConn Storrs campus, a very uncommon situation for a Catholic Church to be positioned centrally at a state school. We are blessed with an active student membership (our Sunday evening Mass can be a standing room only situation) as well as a large parish from the greater Mansfield area. A full history of the parish can be downloaded below. It has been broken into several parts due to rules on file sizes from our site host.
Some quick points of interest:
- We are one of only three host locations in Connecticut for FOCUS (the Fellowship of Catholic University Students)
- We have a special Student Mass that is celebrated every Sunday at 7:00 p.m. during the academic year
- St. Thomas has its own undergraduate leadership group, TLC (Tom's Leadership Council) that hosts a variety of service and social events during the school year
- Every year St. Thomas sends a number of students to the Appalachia region of Kentucky on an alternative spring break service trip in partnership with the Christian Appalachia Project (CAP)
- We have our own student center adjacent (the STAC) to the Chapel and Rectory that is open to all students all week long from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Coffee and snacks are available for the students during the week thanks to contributions from our parish's Muffin Ministry. The Chapel is also open each day fom 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Every Thursday at 8:00 p.m. during the school year there is a student Adoration and Mass followed by fellowship in the STAC
The above are just a few of the offerings that you can experience with us. Please stop in and say hi, meet with Fr. John Antonelle, and know that like our tag line says "We are here for you!"