St. Thomas Aquinas at UConn
St. Thomas Aquinas is located in the heart of the UConn Storrs campus, a very uncommon situation for a Catholic Church to be positioned centrally at a state school. We are blessed with an active student membership (our Sunday evening Mass can be a standing room only situation) as well as a large parish from the greater Mansfield area.
Some quick points of interest:
- We are one of only three host locations in Connecticut for FOCUS (the Fellowship of Catholic University Students)
- We have a special Student Mass that is celebrated every Sunday at 7:00 p.m. during the academic year
- In many years St. Thomas has sent a number of students to the Appalachia region of Kentucky on an alternative spring break service trip in partnership with the Christian Appalachia Project (CAP)
- We have our own student center (the Catholic Center @ Storrs) adjacent to the Chapel and Rectory. It's open to all students. The Chapel is also open all day every day.
- Every Thursday at 8:00 p.m. during the school year there is a student Adoration and Mass followed by fellowship in the Catholiuc Center.
The above are just a few of the offerings that you can experience with us. Please stop in and say hi, meet with Fr. Jonathan Ficara, and know that like our tag line says "We are here for you!"