Search

News


General News

Worldwide Marriage Encounter

Posted on February 17, 2021 in: General News

Worldwide Marriage Encounter
Great News - Worldwide Marriage Encounter has gone "Virtual"! To support married couples during this time of social distancing, Worldwide Marriage Encounter is sponsoring virtual marriage experiences. Some are on weekends and some span multiple weeks on a given weekday. Couples will explore their individual personality styles, improve listening and communication skills, understand God’s plan for their marriage, and learn how to keep their relationship a priority. Registration is limited and a $100 application fee is required. For more information or to...

Read More >

The Haiti Ministry Committee

Posted on February 17, 2021 in: General News

The Haiti Ministry Committee
The Haiti Ministry Committee is preparing two barrels to be sent in March to our twinned parish in Les Palmes, Our Lady of Presentation. We are looking for donations of sewing material (cotton, light material) and sewing items like scissors, thread. There are 20 students in the special weekly sewing class, with 7 graduates at the end of the school year who will earn a tailors certificate. In the past, we have awarded a manual sewing machine to the top student. The barrels will include 50 birthing kits. We are collecting receiving blankets, cloth diapers, hats and booties, b...

Read More >

Operation Rice Bowl: Our Lenten Program
On Ash Wednesday, February 26, 2020, our parish* with parishes across the Diocese of Norwich is beginning a program of prayer and sacrifice called Operation Rice Bowl (ORB). For 47 years, Operation Rice Bowl has helped to feed the hungry poor. Through our participation in this program, we bring hope and healing to another person or family living halfway across the globe. Money saved during Lent is then brought to the parish family Rice Bowl on Palm Sunday, April 5, 2020. 75% of Operation Rice Bowl funds will feed the hungry poor overseas, the remaining 25% will be used in t...

Read More >

Virtual Bingo for All Ages

Posted on February 12, 2021 in: General News

Virtual Bingo for All Ages
The Office of Faith Events invites people of all ages to participate in Virtual Bingo! Bingo will take place on Sunday, February 21st from 3:30 pm 5:00 pm. You will receive your cards online, mark them and even remark them for the next game or you can print them and play. Through video conferencing, we will call the numbers and play different BINGO games from regular bingo, double bingo, picture frame, and finally black out! It will be great fun with lots of gift certificates for prizes! The cost is $6 per card for the whole Bingo event! To register for your Bingo card, go ...

Read More >

Food Drive

Posted on February 12, 2021 in: General News

Food Drive
Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish will be conducting a food drive to benefit Catholic Charities every week during Lent. There will be collection boxes at both entrances to St. Mary’s and St. Thomas. Each week we’ll be collecting different food items as follows: February 20th & 21st Cereal February 27th & 28th Peanut Butter and Jelly March 6th & 7th Pasta and Sauce March 13th & 14th Flour, Sugar, and Cake, Cookie, and Brownie Mix March 20th & 21st Canned Vegetables and Fruit March 27th & 28th Soup and Crackers April 3rd &...

Read More >

Baptism Blankets Needed

Posted on February 12, 2021 in: General News

Baptism Blankets Needed
We are looking for baptism blankets, Knitted or crocheted, white 36" x 36". If you are interested in making blankets please call Jackie at 860-712-7905 or Robin at 860-742-9984. Thank you

Read More >

Free Lenten Virtual Retreat for Women
Saturday, Feb. 27, 2021, 8:30am- 12pm. Merciful Healing and Forgiveness In Biblical Women: How Can We Live This Today? Presented by Our Lady Queen of Peace Women’s Retreat Team. To register: Please contact Elizabeth Percy at: tiggpercy@hotmail.com no later than February 22.

Read More >

Merciful Healing and Forgiveness In Biblical Women
How Can We Live This Today? A free Lenten Virtual Retreat for Women Presented by Our Lady Queen of Peace Women’s Retreat Team Saturday, February 27, 2021, 8:30 a.m. 12 p.m. “For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.” Psalm 86:5 Please join us on Zoom for this beautiful Lenten morning gathering of women from our faith community as we come together in prayer and fellowship with one another. We will reflect on how the lives of Biblical women inspire us today, and how we can experience God’s heal...

Read More >

Page 4 of 34First   Previous   1  2  3  [4]  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next   Last