With the rise in the spread of influenza, commonly called the flu, it is time to revisit precautions undertaken for our Eucharistic Liturgies. These are temporary safety measures. We will restore normal liturgical practices once the risk of this form of influenza has passed. Effective January 7, 2020:
- The Sign of Peace and the distribution of the Precious Blood will be suspended until further notice.
- Holy Communion will only be distributed to non-ordained liturgical ministers and the faithful under the species of the Consecrated Host.
- Communicants are encouraged to receive in their hands rather than on the tongue.
- The faithful are encouraged not to hold hands during the Our Father.
- There will not be holy water in the fonts and Father asks you to just make a sign of the cross instead.
- Please note - That Fr. John will be refraining from hugs and handshakes before and after Masses as other pastors and priests in our diocese have decided to do so as not to be a means of transferring the flu and virus to others and contracting germs as well. Please note that this is very countercultural for Fr. John.